Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wisteria Cottage

 Welcome to Creative Mini Cottages

At Creative Mini Cottages we combine wood, cement, paint, paper, imagination and whimsy to create the ultimate miniature shabby chic experience.  Each Creative Mini Cottage is handmade 1:12 scale.  These are designed and made from scratch, not from kits.  All Cottage designs are lighted and can be purchased furnished or unfurnished.

Wisteria Cottage
Sold
Wisteria Cottage started out as a Reader's Retreat.  I love to read and decided to design a cozy place to get away with tea, cookies and good books.


but...... a lovely lady named Kathy contacted me and asked if I could revamp Wisteria Cottage into a "Sewing Sanctuary" for her.


So the transformation began.

At first I added a tiny Singer treadle machine then an old fashioned tomato pin cushion, scissors, tape measure, handmade spools of thread and a stool that says "I'd rather be sewing".

Of course any seamstress needs an armchair sewing caddy trimmed in lace...........

and a "bag" with all her favorite sewing notions.  She also introduced me to the book "The Quilt Makers Gift" which I created in mini form for her.

Now all of her time isn't spent sewing.  Some time needs to be set aside for notes to friends.



And if you climb the stairs to the loft..............

you'll also find a comfy day bed covered in petit point pillows and  lighted with a lavender flower chandelier where she can still enjoy that tea, cookies and a book or two.


Overall, I believe Kathy was pleased with the transformation.
I hope you enjoyed seeing it too.  J.

No comments:

Post a Comment