Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Christmas Cottage

Welcome to Creative Mini Cottages
At Creative Mini Cottages we combine wood, cement, paint, paper, imagination and whimsy to create the ultimate miniature shabby chic experience.  Each Creative Mini Cottage is handmade 1:12 scale.  These are designed and made from scratch, not from kits.  All Cottage designs are lighted and can be purchased furnished or unfurnished.

Christmas Cottage 
SOLD

Christmas Cottage 

Each Cottage is designed and made from scratch.

Most often, I have one item that leads me in my design/decoration.  In this case it was a set of lovely double doors which I painted "lipstick red".

From that point, traditional Christmas colors took over and the wreaths, flower boxes, sleigh etc., took on a life of their own.  I especially liked the tiny pine cones and Christmas roses.

I wanted to do something different with the loft lighting so used the "strands" of battery powered lights behind sheer fabric for the loft back wall.  It gives a soft glow which I found perfect.

My all time favorite accent for this Cottage was this tiny Putz House.  These are "micro miny" created by Karin Korbin and found on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/karincorbin.  I painted, glittered and then lighted this one with a micro LED light.

An evening scene shows the warmth of all the lighting.

It's all the little things that make Creative Mini Cottages such fun.

Hope you've enjoyed this hint of Christmas 2021!  J.




No comments:

Post a Comment